Sometimes when you’re in a rush it can be tempting to eat lots of snacks, or just a bowl of cereal (not that there is anything wrong with cereal).
Having a few quick to make recipes to hand is always a good thing and you’ll feel less guilty than eating just junk food.
This recipe will serve 2-4 people, depending on people’s appetites.
- 250g chicken breast
- 450g gnocchi
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 50g fresh basil
- Cut the chicken into chunks, about 2cm each
- Cut the tomatoes in half
- Tear the basil into small pieces
- Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat with a light drizzle of olive oil. Cook the chicken until it begins to brown.
- Turn the heat up to high, add all the tomatoes skin side down, cook until they are blistered, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Stir in the gnocchi, until all combined together, but the tomatoes haven’t turned into a sauce.
- Stir in the basil.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
I usually cook the gnocchi in a pan of salted water for about 2 minutes.
You can always swap the chicken for another meat. Sausages work really well when cut into 1cm thick chunks.